Thursday, February 23, 2012

Qingdao

The city of Qingdao is located on the coast, across from South Korea. I didn't know where to go after Beijing, then I had heard from fellow travelers about Qingdao, home of the Tsingtao beer brewery. The city was a unique mix of modern skyscrapers and old German architecture. It also seemed to attract a large number of Chinese tourists.


There was a lot of construction going on. The city was installing a subway, as well as many new skyscrapers.


Tourists were everywhere


In the background you can see the famous Pagoda that graces the Tsingtao beer logo.


Found this guy near the train station


I took a tour through the large brewery. As I exited, I found myself on "beer street", with bars and restaurants lining the busy sidewalks.


After the tour, I witnessed a man and woman arguing at the table next to mine. The guy slapper her on the back of the head, and she smashed two beer bottles on the ground at his (and my) feet. He stormed off, and two employees swept up the glass. Anyway, directly after that, I stumbled up the street (free samples during the brewery tour) and found these nice folks.



No comments:

Post a Comment